Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Eddie Cahill

 

AH ! SURELY  EDDIE CAHILL
Accompanied by Mick Moloney
TRADITIONAL IRISH MUSIC 

Shanachie, 1979, 29014

Born in 1929 in Co. Sligo, E. Cahill left Ireland for America in 1950. The notes written by M. Moloney give a good picture of Eddie and his musical background on the back cover.I'd like to say that Cahill was one of the very first flute players I heard with that old flute playing style ie with a pulsating rhythm very common in Sligo and nearby. But I think the first one I heard was Séamus MacMathuna from Clare. That style influenced me a lot and is still part of my own flute playing.
M. Moloney plays guitar, bouzouki and mandolin and he recorded Eddie at home in Philadelphia between Octobre 1977 and April 1978. This explains why the sound is different from one track to another.
E Cahill was not very proeminent among other flute players but he was an inspiration for me and Moloney was a hundred per cent right to save some of Eddie's music for us. 


download.wav

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giora Feidman

  מוזיקת ​​נשמה   / גיורא פיידמ GIORA FEIDMAN / "JEWISH SOUL MUSIC'' Hed-Arzi, 1972, BAN 14297 My father (who went  abroad   ...